26 September, 2009

Sightseeing Saturday - Central Park NYC

Christine at Christine's Home and Travel is hosting Sightseeing Saturday. This is my first link to that meme, but I have enjoyed seeing where she and other bloggers have been. I know you will too, so click on the link and check them out.

The employee's group in our office had a one-day bus trip to New York City last fall.
I wish I would have worn a pedometer. We sure did walk a lot.
The bus dropped us off at Rockefeller Center. You should have seen the line for the show at Radio City Music hall. It went around the block.


Our first stop was at Trump Tower. There is a place inside where you can get an affordable lunch and find clean restrooms.


I wanted to go to go shopping, but DH wanted to go to Central Park. He is an avid hiker. I teased him and said you are the only person I know who who go to NYC to take a nature walk. lol

Driprock Arch:
Bethesda Terrace Fountain:


We watched the model sailboats on the conservatory water.


Our final destination was the Metropolitan Museum of Art.



After walking to the museum, we then had to turn around and walk back. We stopped at the Carnegie Deli for something to eat. It is a little hole in the wall place, packed with people. Honest to goodness, this is an actual corned beef sandwich they serve.



We ended up ordering something half that size and still shared it. DH had a piece of their famous New York style cheesecake for dessert.

A last look at Times Square and then it was time to catch our bus back home.

8 comments:

xinex said...

Hi Karen! First of all, I would like to thank you for participating with Sightseeing Sat. Thanks for taking us to NY. Don't you just love the hustle and bustle in that city! There is so much to do. Just look at that corned beef sandwihch! It's a mile high! Your pictures look wonderful especially the ones in Central Park with the fall colored leaves...Christine

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Great Pics,I don't think anyone could handle that sandwich .lol
Those are some of places I would like to see when i go to NYC.;~)
~Myrna

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What great pics. I still havn't been to NY, but definitely on my to do list. That sandwich is just amazing. I can't imagine. Hugs, Marty

Maggie said...

Hi Karen,
Loved taking the NYC tour with you today, it brought back great memories of our 3 day visit there in March this year.
We had breakfast at Carnegie's, what a place!
a bientot
Maggie @ Normandy Life

Knitty said...

NYC is on my to-do list too. I have heard of that deli but never seen just how huge the sandwiches are. Oh my!

Thanks for your comment on my blog makeover. :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Karen,
I'm with your DH...I'd rather be hiking in Central Park than shopping in the crowds! :-) Looks like a wonderful trip!

BTW, your comment on my Carte Noire post absolutely cracked me up! :-) The readings are wonderful...and some-what "distracting." (Giggle)
Susan

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Karen -- I loved these pictures. We are hoping to go east and include NYC next spring/summer and your day-trip sounded and looked like just the kind of thing we'd enjoy there. I'm bookmarking you!

Tootsie said...

I will more than likely never see this in person...and that is why I appreciate all that you shared!