02 November, 2009

Christmas Doll to Halloween Doll

I had two animated dolls which were exactly the same, except for dress color. I only used one in green as a Christmas decoration. I saw all the cute Halloween witches in the stores and thought that I could transform the doll in the dark blue dress into a cute Halloween witch.



I cut off the white fur trim. I purchased 1/2 yard of Halloween fabric at Joanne's for the skirt. I picked up a toddler witches hat at the thrift store and took it in to fit the doll.




A 10 cent plastic pumpkin was put on the candle. The holly sprig on the candle was replaced with a spider.


I made her a little broom using a bamboo garden stake and raffia. I think she make a pretty Halloween witch.


To see other transformations click on the links below:



10 comments:

Lori said...

What a great job! Now you have two dolls in one!

Natasha in Oz said...

That is quite amazing. I would never have even thought to do that. I really think she looks so cute. Can't wait to see the Christmas doll though...I LOVE Christmas!
Best wishes, NM.

Unknown said...

You did a great job. I have never thought of doing anything like that. Thanks so much for showing.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

How cute! You've done great!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

What a creative idea to redecorate your doll for the holidays. Very resourceful and creative!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a cute Halloween witch! Loved her transformation. Thanks for your sweet visit.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Karen this is just awesome girl what you did to that doll...Loved it and you don't see alot of witches doll...too cute...Hope all is well on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Kammy said...

That was very creative and clever !
Kammy

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

She's fabulous!!! I would have never have thought to do this.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That teacup and saucer is such a lovely score!