05 July, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

I received the Honest Scrap Award via our gardening guru Tootsie. (I think this is more of a tag than an award.)

The rules that come with this award say that I have to list 10 honest and interesting facts about me. I guess that’s why this award is called honest scrap. I also have to pass this on to 8 other bloggers.

Here are my 10 facts:

  1. I used to live in State College, PA. State College is in the shadow of Nittany Mountain, which is pictured on my blog header. State College is the home of The University Park Campus of Penn State University. No, I did not attend University Park; however, I did attend the DuBois Campus of PSU.

  2. The coolest fact: I have Top Secret government clearance.

  3. My husband is younger than I am. I think he looks like a geeky George Clooney.

  4. My weirdest physical trait: I don't have a uvula. That's that thingy that hangs down the back of your throat. I had it removed in an ultra sound procedure. I used to snore, now I only purr. No way, I was doing that C-Pap thing.

  5. I am an only child.

  6. I lost my home in a fire in 1979.

  7. I hate to exercise. Other than gardening, my only exercise is walking around the block.

  8. If necessary, I can type 70 wpm.

  9. I'm cold most all the time. I sleep wearing socks.

  10. I had braces on my teeth as an adult.

The hard part is deciding who to pass this on to. Tootsie tagged me a while ago and although I though it was fun to answer, I deliverated over to to give it to. I spent hours researching who already had it vs. who didn't. Who I already tagged on something else vs. who I didn't. Then I saw where someone just told everyone to pick it up. You can do that? What a wonderful idea. So that's what I'm going to do. We would love to know more about you, if you don't already have this, please pick it up and leave a comment so I will know that it got out to 8 other bloggers.

8 comments:

Becky K. said...

I already did this one...but I very much enjoyed reading yours.

Becky K.

Knitty said...

My brain needs exercise this morning, so I will play.:)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Karen! Those were some interesting facts. My husband wears a retainer of some sort at night. I'm with you on the exercise. I hate to sweat! LOL! But I'm usually warm... though the older I get, the colder I feel. My two best friends are always cold, too.

I have been tagged, but I'm not sure if it's the same tag or not. I have been working on it, and I will include you as one of the taggers if it's the same MeMe and even if it's not. Does that make sense? LOL!

Hope all is well with you and that you had a great Fourth!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Interesting reading. I already did this one a while back, but your facts are most interesting. What was the govt. clearance for? Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs, Marty

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I too am an only child and had braces as an adult..and as a kid. Yikes. I would love to have top level government clearance. How cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! Oh, thank you for visiting my guest room and your kind words! I'm so thrilled you would make the ice cream with your grands! I'm sure they enjoyed it! As a kid, the only ice cream freezers I knew about was the handle turning ones. I always wanted to turn the handle but when it started to get hard to turn, my dad would take over!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mary said...

Your flower mosaic is just lovely! :O)This is my first time ever entering anything at the fair, it's kind of exciting!

Linda said...

Hi,
I did this one already as well a while back, and I also enjoyed reading your interesting facts. :) It's a fun way to learn more about one another.

Linda