20 May, 2009

Bloggers Outing at Longwood Gardens



Susan at A Southern Daydreamer hosts Outdoor Wednesday every week. I always save my outdoor pictures to share on this meme. Click the link to view more outdoor photos.

Becky from Hospitality Lane invited all bloggers to attend a day with her at Longwood Gardens near Philadelphia, last Saturday.


I got to meet Becky, her friends and family, and Jill from Ribbon Challenged. Jill makes those beautiful homemade cards. Above is a photo of the girls. Mrs. Rabe, Beck's daughter, Becky, Jill and myself.

We met at the gate at 10:00. The day started out rainy, so we started our tour in the conservatory.



The Conservatory:








Purple Lacecap hydrangeas and white astillbe will definitely be an addition to my shady back yard.





By the time we completed our tour of the conservatory, the rain was stopping. We had lunch at the restaurant on site. We discovered that Becky and I had met once before at a wedding we both attended. What a small world.

Here is Becky and Jill.


I want my wisteria in my yard to be like this one, when it grows up. That's Jill checking out all the great plants.

I know that in garden design, it looks better when planted in mass. I will just have to keep looking at these photos to remind myself.





Longwood Gardens is famous for all it's fountains.

The tree house is every kid's dream:











I posted about Longwood Gardens before. If you want more click here for my previous post.

14 comments:

Becky K. said...

Nice post about our fun day!

Thanks for coming out. It is so fun to get to know you!

Domestic Designer said...

Looks like a fun day! Thanks for sharing!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what beautiful gardens! Lovely - even in the rain.

ellen b said...

Oh what fun to meet up with bloggers and enjoy all this beauty. Love that Wisteria!!

Barb said...

Hi Karen, those flowers have me just drooling. Wow!!! The wisteria is fabulous.

Such lovely pictures of all you girls. Thanks for sharing with us.

Barb

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, this is an absolute paradise, and that conservatory is breathtaking! What a special treat to get to see this! So glad you shared it with us, too!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Marie said...

Omigosh! What a stunning place! I luv it so much, I would have joined you if I lived around you! What a nice place to spend a day with your blogger friends.
-marie

JD/ Jill said...

Karen It really was great meeting you, and I hope we can someday get up in your area and meet at the places you suggested. I'm sure they are neat too. Have a great day!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Longwood Gardens was a favorite destination when we lived on the east coast. It hasn't changed much, though I believe the tree house is new. Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Unknown said...

What a very beautiful place to visit! I just wrote down the astillbe myself, will be looking for that!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Karen! The gardens are beautiful! I love seeing bloggers getting together! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Allidink said...

What a beautiful conservatory. Glad you guys had fun :)

All the best,
Allison

Martha said...

A beautiful place -- I love gardens like that -- so much inspiration. And I always manage to take something back to Linderhof gardens --

Thanks for sharing.

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What a beautiful place. I loved the wisteria. Looks like y'all had a great time.