25 August, 2009

Red Squirrel Garden

Susan at A Southern Daydreamer is hosting Outdoor Wednesday click on the link to view other outdoor posts.

This is my one of my neighbors gardens in our development. We have many neighbors with spectacular gardens which have been featured on garden tours. How about this for a tiki hut/bar?


There are many hosta beds and garden sculptures.


Everywhere you look is something to see. Here is a lovely water feature.



Ah oh, we caught this little guy peeing in the pond.



A fountain in the side yard.


Succulent garden:


A home made water feature made from flower pots:


Follow the path to the more formal section of the garden.

This is the largest fountain and pond.

Another pond and sculpture:

Around every corner is something else to see.

The elephant fountain is spraying water on the turtle. The fish are real. I'm not sure if they are koi or gold fish.

Like the sign says, Grandma's Secret Garden. This adjoins the rose garden, however, the roses were done blooming buy the time I took these photos, so I did not include that. In June, they are certainly lovely.

These are the newest sculptures. These children depict baseball, basketball, football and soccer.


I hope you have enjoyed the garden tour. Whenever we have out of town guests visit, I always take them to visit this garden. It's just half a block from where I live. The bar sure is raised in our development as far as gardens are concerned. I'll have to post another garden in a later post.

25 comments:

Tootsie said...

what a wonderful place! we have no garden tours here...I wish...I could use some inspirations!

The Stylish House said...

Karen,
What a neat garden space. I bet they have fun with their tiki hut!
Cathy

Tootsie said...

hey...me again! making that pump into a fountain was easy...just fed a pump hose up and plugged it in!!! finding a container deep enough to hold enough water so that it would not evaporate in the sun...or be too ugly to show over the top of the base that is welded onto it was the hard part! I used an oil catcher pan thing from the auto shop!
Have a wonderful day...I have a surprise on my tomorrow post..don't forget to stop in!

Regina said...

Wow. Beautiful shots and post!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for the visit! :) I think I would be in outdoor heaven if I was surrounded by such beautiful gardens! Very lovely photos. Thanks for sharing!

xxoxoxoxo
Donna Marie

Kat said...

Wow, what a fabulous space! Love the tiki hut, and all of the water features. I can't imagine the work that went into creating such a beautiful garden, but the results are worth it! Thanks for sharing this. Kathy

Amy said...

So lush! Beautiful!

Becky K. said...

A very sweet garden and so close to your home.

I am sorry you are struggling. I hope you find a job you LOVE soon!

Mikey drove back and forth this time but if he gets into the gardeners program he will live there.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

What geat photos, I love the little tiki bar hut, so cute. Looks like a good place to have a party.

Cindy said...

A very lovely garden, thanks for the tour. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Hugs, Cindy S

Anonymous said...

Beautiful garden. Love the pond!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Garden photos...thanks for sharing...

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

What an amazing garden with delightful things to see everywhere! Thanks so much for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

serenity... thank you just what i need this a.m :)

gp

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a beautiful spot to visit! Your photos of it allow me to enjoy it as much as your guests. It's an outdoor paradise. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I just love fountains. My goal is to have as many water features around my yard as I can. I'm listening to my table water fountain as I type. Don't you just love the sound of water? So enjoyed these pics!
Brenda

xinex said...

Beautiful garden! I can imagine how much time they spend maintaining and beautifying that....Christine

LV said...

I really enjoyed your neighbors garden. I can see why you like to visit and share. Very nicely done. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment today.

Michelle said...

Love all the ponds and movement in the garden. I bet the sounds are fabulous!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful gardens! Thanks for the tour, Karen.

Martha said...

A great garden -- I have the same planter -- the one with the sculpture as a base holding the planter above.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a special garden. It is just chocked full of special features. I enjoyed my visit.

Kathy b

Linda said...

I LOVE the gardens you've displayed here - they're beautiful.

Btw, I haven't forgotten about your little surprise... be on the lookout in the next month. :)

Mary said...

I love the Grandma's Secret Garden sign! What a beautiful place...so beautiful with all the statues and water...very soothing. And yes, I would paint the china cabinet! Your dining room make-over is wonderful, and a nice fresh coat of paint on the china will bring it all together...but let me warn you, its a big job...worth it, though! Mary

Amisha said...

Wow - what a beautiful garden! Thanks for sharing!