18 March, 2009

Tablescape Thursday


Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is hosting Tablescape Thursday. Check out her blog to see other tablescapes.

Oops, what happened? You were went to be directed to my Easter post. Please click here. Sorry for the inconvenience.



I'm a little late in showing my St. Patrick's Day tablescape, but I didn't set that table until St. Patrick's Day.











I purchased white dinner plates and bowls at the thrift store. I figured I could add other color elements without buying a lot of different plates. I also purchased the green salad plate and tumblers at the thrift store. I had the solid green napkins which were purchased to use with a Christmas tablescape. The round placemats were recently purchased at Ross.








My centerpiece is a large real shamrock plant. The little Hat on a stake was purchased that morning at a thrift store. The green plate was a gift from my mother-in-law. In order to get my 3, I used a small decorative finial. It is made of cast iron and is very heavy for all the bigger it is.




18 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

You are a very wise shopper! Your tablescape is really cute. Looks like you had a great St. Patrick's Day! Have a good Thursday too!:)

Martha said...

Nice St. Pat's tablescape. I've always been fond of real shamrocks and often use them for my St. Pat's centerpiece as well.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! What a lot of great thift store finds! You will find those white plates very useful, I'm sure. Love the real shamrock! Happy St Paddy's Day!!!...Debbie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those were some great finds! As Debbie said, white plates are always a good buy because they're so versatile! And I love your St. Paddy's tablescape, too! Cute shamrock! Wish I had found one like that! And the real ones, too :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

~CC Catherine said...

A very sweet March post today Miss Karen! ;) You're my kind of shopper...I love the GW and the Thrift stores....and don't get me started on yard sale finds... ;) I especially loved the little green salad plates. ;) ~CC Catherine

Linda Q said...

Great green table, like the centerpiece setting, cute!
Linda Q

Kathy said...

Hi Karen, Happy St Patrick's, your tablescape is lovely with the Shamrock and the cute little hat, white plates are really versitile and make the food stand out, I also love your little Green plates. Happy Thursday, Kathy. Ceasar is a cutie too.

Anonymous said...

Your green and white look so spring like! Good St. Pat's tablescape.

Decor To Adore said...

What a cute tablescape!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

wonderful St Patrick's day table! you found some great deals!

SmilingSally said...

I like that you place the focal point to the corner rather than in the center, where the delicious food will be!

Unknown said...

Your St. Patricks Day table is beautiful! I love how you mixed your glass plates with the others. Your little vignette hits the spot straight on!

Tootsie said...

how festive! I love it. I too have to wait for spring to hit Canada to fertilize outside here too....depressing isn't it? lol

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love the real shamrocks! Your thrift store finds are great. My family had those same green glasses when I was growing up.

Knitty said...

Very nice! I love your bargain finds. I don't usually go shopping on Saturdays, but I am in the mood today and your pictures inspired me. :)

I would love to have you consider my blog a favorite. I've signed on to follow yours.

Happy Weekend to you and yours.

Tootsie said...

hey thanks for the visit! I don't usually sell anything from my greenhouse...I give away some...but no one really has ever offered to pay! lol

janet said...

Great shopping, and your table looks just lovely.
hugs
janet

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Very nice, it is always nice to get a great deal. Love the shamrocks.