Designs by Gollum hosts Foodie Friday. If you click on the link you will find all kind of wonderful things to eat.
I have been making scones lately. In my quest to find the perfect scone, I've made raisin scones, cranberry scones, pecan scones and my favorite cinnamon raisin scones, which is what I'm sharing with you today.
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups. Level with knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a bowl, cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles course meal. Stir in raisins.
3. Combine 1/2 cup milk and egg, add to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Dough will be very sticky.
4. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly 4 or 5 times with floured hands. You may need to add flour to handle it. Pat dough into a 7 inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut dough into 8 or 10 wedges, leaving it in the circle. Brush with 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or preserves.