19 October, 2009

Fall Wall Decoration


I would like to thank Susan from Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Metamorphosis Monday. Click on her link to see what other bloggers have done and get ideas of what you might do.
Don't you love it when you read a post that gives you inspiration. Well, Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick posted a fall decorations she created. She has a beautiful blog with a lot of lovely and practical ideas. If you haven't checked it out, you must go over.

This is my tin sconce as it looked when I purchased it at the thrift store. Yuck.

This is what it looked liked once I spray painted it a rubbed bronze and put a couple of fall picks in it that I picked up at Michaels. They spray paint was the most expensive thing that went into this.
When looking online at QVC, I saw this Valerie Parr Hill wall sconce for $75.00. Anyone who paid $75 for this must not be crafters or bloggers.

14 comments:

niartist said...

It looks fantastic!!!! And you saved a bundle! Yours looks better than the $75 anyway, IMHO! :) Thanks for sharing!

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

Wow, so much better. It's amazing you had the vision to see throught that old ugly paint. It looks great.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh my! WOnderful - now aren't you smiling!

The Stylish House said...

Karen,
I'm totally on board about using creativity rather then money! You sconce turned out great and looks professionally done!
Cathy

Kammy said...

Hi Karen !
Love your new look - so creative !
Kammy

Julie said...

Beautifully done! Looks so much better.

Linda said...

Lovely!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your wonderful wall pocket. It is just gorgeous with the bronze color and the sticks and feathers are such a fabulous touch. Hugs, Marty

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You did a great job on that, Karen! I like it better than it's online cousin. Way to go!

Happy Met Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the redo. Gotta love spray paint.

Lori said...

What a wonderful job you did. My jaw actually dropped when I saw it finished!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I agree, yours looks just so much nicer then the one for 75.00, good job...

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I forgot to tell you I am a new follower of yours, watching for your next creation, come for a visit...

Moore Minutes said...

Good work! Transformations are so much fun. :)

Happy Met Monday!

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/walls-wrapped-in-charm.html