1. Does anyone remember McCrory's 5&10? My grandmother was housekeeper for the McCrorys, the people who founded the chain. They also farmed and my father and grandfather worked on the farm. My parents lived with my maternal grandparents on theMcCrory estate when I was born. Our family isn't wealthy, never were, never will be, but they were exposed to fabulous wealth. I learned to set a formal table when I was in third grade.
2. I used to bite my fingernails until a few years ago when I had some dental work. Now I can't. Who knew?
3. I have the nicest neighbors in the world. We met most of them when we walk our little dog around the block. We moved into our house one May, that August we had a cook-out with twenty people attending. My next-door neighbor said, "How do you know so many people? I've lived here 32 years and you know more people than I do." -- Just introduce yourself.
4. I have been homeless. I lost my home in a fire in 1979. I was a single mom with 2 grade school children. I stayed with friends, in a motel for three days, and then with a pastor and his family for 2 weeks until I got a home. The home belonged to a realtor I went to church with and she let me move in even before it closed. What started as a tragedy, turned out to be such a blessing when not only friends and coworkers, but casual acquaintances, and even perfect strangers provided me with clothes, housewares, love and prayers.
5. Last fall, I decided to let myself go gray and I quit coloring my hair. I was at the supermarket, putting three bags of groceries from my cart into my car. A woman in a minivan next to me, rolled down her window and asked me if I needed any help. I said, no thanks. Then I thought to myself, why did she ask me that? To my uttermost shock, I realized she asked me that because she though I was old and not up to lifting a bag of groceries. I am now coloring my hair again.
6. I don't sleep. My typical night's sleep is 4 to 6 hours.
7. A bonus. Click here to read 10 more facts which I posted before.
This needs to be passed along. So pick up the award and tell 7 crazy things about yourself.