15 February, 2010

Bedscapes and Beyond #2

My guest room has very pale blue walls. Bedding is chocolate brown and aqua blue.


Sorry I'm late posting. I really do have company tonight. My step sister is staying over in the guest room. She lives out of town and yet another snow storm is here. I gave her a warm throw, turned back the covers for her....

... and put out a pair of slippers.


My bedding came from K-Mart. The oil painting over the bed was my mothers. The colors match perfectly. Lamps from Marshalls at $28 each, including the shades. Decorative pillows from TJ Maxx.

The end table was purchased at a flea market for $15. It was an ugly green with wooden knobs. I painted it a dark brown and put nickle handles on it.

The end table on the other side was a Target item donated to the thrift store. The bottom is a file cabinet.

Drapes from K-Mart on nickel rods.


I love the trim on the pillows.




The large mirror was my aunts. I know the gold finish is out of style now, but it is very old and I didn't want to change it out. DH gave me the vase with the faux pussy willow for my birthday. He did good.



An antique olive wood offering plate holds potpourri.



I purchased this at TJ Maxx. I don't know why my walls look beige in this photo.


This frame was being thrown out at work. I knew I could use it. I purchased a roll of wallpaper at a thrift store. I used some of the wallpaper to cover cardboard magazine holders. I though the brown went well in the room so I framed a section of wallpaper.

Please share your bedscapes, too. Once you post your own bedscape, click on the title of your post, not the title of your main blog to link up.


12 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a very inviting room for your guests. You created a wonderful room without a lot of money, but yet it looks expensive. Love the bedding and pillows...Kim

xinex said...

You are such a gracious hostess, Karen, complete with slippers for your guest. She will surely feel so welcomed in this very pretty bedroom.....Christine

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Such a beautiful room. Love those colors, and what a great job you did on that table. laurie

Jeanette said...

What a lovely room! Anyone would feel so welcomed!

Melissa Miller said...

How beautiful Karen! I love these colors for a soothing bedroom. ~Lovely!

Candy said...

Love those pillows.
Great space to make guests feel right at home.
Sleep Tight ;-)

Kevin, Page, Andrew and Austin said...

What a beautiful guest room, Karen! And how nice that you have company in it tonight. I am on my way to the hospital...my grandson is on the way! Thanks for hosting...Debbie

Scribbler said...

What an elegant guest room! I think my two favorites are the pillows on the bed and the idea for framing the wallpaper. I have a sample I bought, then decided I could not afford the paper, and so I had been thinking of doing something like that with it. Thanks for hosting the party.

Scribbler

vignette design said...

I would love to be a guest in this guest room. Very cozy. Love the painting too.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very pretty and inviting, Karen. I can see having very peaceful, happy dreams in that room!

Dropping by to visit before I'm computerless for a bit. Hope all is well with you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kay said...

I like your guest room bedding....I also like that you mentioned where you got everything. Also, I have a small old offering plate and I'm going to put potpourri in it, thanks for the idea! I didn't know how best to display it so I have it in a box packed away but I'll be getting it out this weekend.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Beautiful guest room, I love the colors! Everything flows together so nicely!

Katherine