13 July, 2009
I work in downtown Harrisburg, PA. During my lunch hour, I sometimes go for a walk. Artists are currently painting the fire hydrants. I enjoy looking seeing all the pretty and whimsical hydrants. I think my favorite is the puppy. Look at that cute black nose.
12 July, 2009
Since it was originally linked to Charlotte and Ginger's Spiritual Sundays blog, I'm also linking to their meme again. My boss sent me this email.
Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several time a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible? Oh, and one more thing: Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.
11 July, 2009
The Donvier is also good to make slushies.
06 July, 2009
Click on the link above to go to her site where you can view other mosaics. This was fun. I might try again.
05 July, 2009
Here are my 10 facts:
- I used to live in State College, PA. State College is in the shadow of Nittany Mountain, which is pictured on my blog header. State College is the home of The University Park Campus of Penn State University. No, I did not attend University Park; however, I did attend the DuBois Campus of PSU.
- The coolest fact: I have Top Secret government clearance.
- My husband is younger than I am. I think he looks like a geeky George Clooney.
- My weirdest physical trait: I don't have a uvula. That's that thingy that hangs down the back of your throat. I had it removed in an ultra sound procedure. I used to snore, now I only purr. No way, I was doing that C-Pap thing.
- I am an only child.
- I lost my home in a fire in 1979.
- I hate to exercise. Other than gardening, my only exercise is walking around the block.
- If necessary, I can type 70 wpm.
- I'm cold most all the time. I sleep wearing socks.
- I had braces on my teeth as an adult.
The hard part is deciding who to pass this on to. Tootsie tagged me a while ago and although I though it was fun to answer, I deliverated over to to give it to. I spent hours researching who already had it vs. who didn't. Who I already tagged on something else vs. who I didn't. Then I saw where someone just told everyone to pick it up. You can do that? What a wonderful idea. So that's what I'm going to do. We would love to know more about you, if you don't already have this, please pick it up and leave a comment so I will know that it got out to 8 other bloggers.
03 July, 2009
I have been making scones lately. In my quest to find the perfect scone, I've made raisin scones, cranberry scones, pecan scones and my favorite cinnamon raisin scones, which is what I'm sharing with you today.
01 July, 2009
This office occupies many floors in this building. I had a nice time, meeting my counterparts and learned a lot. It's time to leave.
I walk a few block from the office to the Amtrak 30th Street Station. There it is up ahead. I walk across the bridge to the train station.
The train pulls out of the station. Good-by Philly.
This is a Septa Station. Since it is late afternoon, most everyone is getting off.
The end of the line. We arrived at Harrisburg and disembark. I have to walk two blocks to the parking garage where I parked my car. I'm glad it's still daylight outside.
Stop over to see Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Susan is hosting Outdoor Wednesday. Thank you Susan for hosting one of my favorite memes.